Details About NORTH AMERICA
North America is around twice the size of Europe. It stretches from the vast wintry environment of the Arctic regions to the Yucatan Peninsula. America is sort of wedge shaped featuring an exceedingly irregular coastline with many prominent offshore islands, including Greenland, which is the largest island in the world. It is basically divided into five geographical regions.
The North American wildlife was once abundant but after people started inhabiting this land, the numbers have decreased. The large mammals include several kinds of bear, bighorn sheep, caribou, deer, elk, and antelope.
Bison, which had a population of about 60 million once, are now found only in protected herds. The Gila monster and the beaded lizard of the southwestern United States and Mexico are the only poisonous lizards in the world. We also get to see a great variety of coastal regions as well as the freshwater rivers and lakes of North America. More than 1,700 species of birds live and breed on this continent.
North America has large deposits of many important minerals, including iron ore, copper, nickel, and uranium. Coal is also found in eastern and western Canada and the United States. World’s greatest deposits of Petroleum and Natural Gas are seen in the State of Mexico.
The people are scattered and North America is culturally diverse.
- North America is the 3rd largest continent.
- Twenty-four (24) countries make up the continent of North America.
- About 502 million people live in North America.
- Most North Americans speak English, Spanish, or French.
- North America was named after the explorer Americo Vespucci.
- Mexico City, Mexico is the largest city in North America.
- North America is the only continent that has every kind of climate. Mount McKinley, in Alaska, is the tallest point on the continent. Death Valley, in California, is the lowest point on the continent.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & The Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United States of America
Best Tourist Places
- New York City
- Las Vegas
- Mount McKinley
- Mount Logan
- Volcán Citlaltépetl
- Mount Saint Elias
- Volcán Popocatépet
- Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan, Ontario
- Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio
- Knoebels Amusement Park, Elysburg, Pennsylvania
- Noah’s Ark, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark, New Braunfels, Texas
- Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary
- George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary
- Alaska's Extended Life Animal Sanctuary
- Keepers of the Wild
- Wild Horse Sanctuary
- Lanikai, Oahu
- South Beach, Florida
- The Bahamas
- Molokai, Hawaii