Details About EUROPE
Europe is the fifth largest of the continents. It is also conventionally known as "Europa". Europa was the daughter of Phoenix in Greek mythology. Some say it is possibly from "Ereb", a Phoenician word for sunset.
The Ural Mountains, the Ural River, part of the Caspian Sea, and the Caucasus Mountains forms the main boundary between Europe and Asia. Lots of geographers also see the two continents as one and call it EURASIA. Europe has a more or less a radial pattern of drainage. Most streams flow outward from the core of the continent.
A wide variety of mineral resources are found in Europe, including coal, petroleum and natural gas, copper, lead, and tin.
Europe, the planet's 6th largest continent, includes (46) countries, and a few dependencies, territories and regions.
In exacting geographic definitions, Europe is really not a continent, but part of the peninsula of Euroasia, which includes all of Europe and Asia. However, (most geographers today) refer to it as an individual continent.
Europe (in green) is separated from Asia by Russia's Ural Mountains in the east, and the Caspian and Black Seas in the southeast.
Europe's highest point is Mt. Elbrus in European Russia at 18,481 ft (5,633m), just north of the Georgia/Russian border.
Europe's lowest point is on the surface of the Caspian Sea, at 92 ft (28m) below sea level.
- BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
- CZECH REPUBLIC
- SAN MARINO
- UNITED KINGDOM
Best Tourist Places
- The Millennium Wheel and the Tower of London, London (U.K)
- The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum, Paris (France)
- The Roman Colosseum and Milan, Italy (Rome)
- The House of Anne Frank, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Granada (Spain)
- Allalinhorn (4,024 m), Pennine Alps, Switzerland
- Dent du Géant (4,013 m), Mont Blanc Massif, France
- Gran Paradiso (4,061 m), Italy
- Großglockner (3,797 m), highest peak in Austria
- Titlis (3,239 m), Swiss Urner Alps
- Wiener Prater, Vienna
- Gulliver-Welt, Saarbrücken, Saarland
- Safari Park, Pombia, Piedmont
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach
- Donalds World
- BERLIN ZOO
- ZOO DE LA PALMYRE, LA ROCHELLE
- BLACKPOOL ZOO
- PARCO NATURA VIVA, VERONA
- SKANSEN, STOCKHOLM
- Golden Sands
- Baska Voda
- Pentrez Plage, Brittany
- Kampen, Sylt